Because of high salt intake, the body stores what is referred to as water weight. The body has its own system of retaining ions and water, as well as fats. Regularly, these ions and water are evenly distributed throughout the body. However, when too much of these are consumed, they get stored in the muscle areas and masks the muscles underneath. Therefore, to achieve a well-built and sculpted body, this water weight should be eliminated. Through bodybuilding and lifestyle management, water weight can be removed.
1. Plan a bodybuilding program that suits your needs
Bodybuilding programs are designed according to what a person needs or requires. Working with a professional weight trainer may help you come up with the program that will answer your concerns.
Most bodybuilding programs allot specific days for a particular workout routine. For instance, upper body exercises can be done three days in a week (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays) for at least twenty minutes. These upper body routines shall concentrate on the back, chest, abdomen, and arms. Meanwhile, exercises for the lower region such as the legs and lower abdomen can be performed during the rest of the days except Sunday. Cardio exercises that are longer can be executed on Sundays.
2. Conduct super sets
A super set involves doing two routines one after the other without taking a rest. An example would be executing three sets of bench presses with at least twelve repetitions. Right after which, flys with the same set and repetition count should be done.
Frequently, super sets are done once a regular resistance routine for at least half a year has been maintained. These sets facilitate muscle built and help eliminate water weight and excess calories.
3. Train opposing groups of muscles.
When muscle groups that are opposing are trained, the body is able to maintain its symmetry. In effect, muscle imbalances can be prevented and muscles are strengthened for functional use and not only for display.
Such training may consist of lunges for the thigh front and hamstring curls for the muscles at the thigh back.
4. Have a nutrient-dense diet
Bodybuilding does not only entail weight training and execution of specific workouts. It also involves discipline when it comes to the food consumed. Food plays a vital role in the success of every bodybuilding program.
Foods that are found to help in reducing water weight are the following:
– Fiber-rich fruits and vegetables: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and prunes are some of the many food that has plenty of fiber. Aside from regulating hunger, fiber also has antioxidant properties.
– Coffee and tea: Because of its caffeine content, coffee and tea are considered diuretics which makes the body shed off fluid more frequently. However, drinking coffee must be done in moderate, as too much of it may make the body store more water weight.
– Potassium-rich food: When the body does not have the right level of potassium it needs, the result can be weight gain and storage of more fluid. For this reason, having enough potassium will prevent water weight. Fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of potassium are bananas, potatoes, and dates.